Several things to note as band camp kicks off on Monday:
• Beverly Richardson, our uniform coordinator, will be at the school today from 9:15 am to 3 pm to measure students for their uniforms. If you have not been measured yet, check Facebook for possibly available times.
• Rick Yamin has passed out gray/silver bracelets to all those students who have all of their paperwork turned in to begin band camp. Please be sure to wear that bracelet every day at band camp. This will speed up the check in process in the mornings. If you do not have a bracelet, there will be a table set up for you to visit to finish any necessary paperwork. Please be sure to come with your child to camp that first morning if you don’t have a bracelet as they may not be able to participate without the proper paperwork and signatures, etc.
• Tara Fisher is coordinating lunches each day during band camp for our 10 band camp staff members as a show of appreciation for their efforts. If you would like to provide something for this please respond to this e-mail or reply to Tara’s message on our Facebook Page. The lunches can be as simple as sandwiches and chips or salads or pastas, etc.
• Cookie Dough order forms have now gone out. We have two weeks to take as many cookie dough orders as we can. These sales go directly into your Fair Share Account so it’s a great way to earn money to pay fees and for Disney. Friends and family from out of town can order online at www.littlelambsfundraising.com and enter the code EBXVW. Shipping will be charged as it will ship directly to them. Please keep track of friends and family who order online to make sure you get the credit in your account.
• We have two Spirit Nights this week. Proceeds from these go to offset Disney expenses.
Tuesday, July 14 — Chili’s in Hendersonville from 5 pm to 9 pm. Be sure to show the attached flyer, and we’ll get 10% of your order.
Thursday, July 17 – Maggie Moo’s in Hendersonville from 5 pm to 9 pm. We need to provide guest scoopers during this time in order for the band to get the proceeds from the evening. Please sign up for an hour-long shift (both adults and students) by responding to this e-mail or signing up using this Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15YmUg3anbBo1BPL3QCeQ-EyAw_AfHZ2RekjCG56nSO4/edit?usp=sharing
• The band will be going to DCI on Friday, July 25th at Vanderbilt. Tickets will be $25 per person and $30 if you would like to ride the bus. The last day to pay for tickets will be Friday, July 18th. SCHS is proud to have 2 current band members, Austin Barry and Erick Pacheco, marching with Music City and one of last years graduates and field commander, Kyle Biggs will be marching for Carolina Crown. These shows are extremely entertaining and a great inspiration for all our band members. Not required, but encouraged. See Tara Fisher to reserve and pay for your ticket.
• Mr. Scott has circulated a couple of Band Camp informational pages. They are attached — what to bring, when to be there, what to expect, etc. Please review prior to Monday morning.
• If you would like to donate water bottles to the band, please bring them to the band room anytime during band camp. It takes a lot of water to get through a Marching Season.
We’re looking forward to a great Band Camp and a great kick off to our season!
Co-Secretary, Station Camp Band Boosters